The information about my Quito family just arrived from MSID. My parents are Carlos, 46, and Consuelo, 42, a housekeeper. They have a daughter, Angelica, 20, and a son, Danilo, 18, both of whom are students.
I'm excited and scared all at once. These are real people whose real home I will be living in for at least two months. The kids are almost exactly my and Patrick's age, the parents only slightly younger than my own.
I wonder what type of neighborhood "Quito Tenis" is. I wonder how far I'll be from school or my American friends. I wonder what type of relationship I'll have with them. People say this could be the best part of the semester and I hope it is. I want to live with new and different people who still feel like family, since I've realized just in the past 24 hours how much I'm going to miss my own.
Lemon Roasted Potatoes
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment